Thursday, March 3, 2011

Looking Forward

Dear God,

I am physically tired and aching today. Spiritually, I'm doing pretty good. Thank you for helping me stay focused and committed. This week I've really been on it. I'm getting up early enough to exercise and get to work 15 minutes earlier than usual. I'm studying your Word everyday even if it's one verse, passage, or chapter. I will need your support to continue this. I know myself and I know that I can slack off after several weeks if I don't stay focused.

I ask for your hand and your work in our church. I've noticed the change in the atmosphere. Attitudes have changed. Those who want more have moved on to another church. Those who don't like what they here, leave and/or complain. Those who have been faithful and want the church to grow have become discouraged. There's a lot of talk and not enough doing for You. My family is not going anywhere. I think it's important to support our preacher who strives to do your Will everyday. He studies, learns, and teaches in hopes of greater, more positive movement in and outside of our church. I know that our church is capable of so much more. Show me what more I can do to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment