Monday, March 7, 2011

Don't Understand It

Dear God,

Today has been a tough day. This morning I woke up late because my alarm clock (cellphone) was in the living room. This afternoon I found out my cousin committed suicide. In the midst of all this, I am so thankful that I chose you and that you chose me.

I don't understand why he did what he did. I partially know the events and the things that were going on in his life that lead up to it. However, I just still can't fathom how someone could leave behind his whole entire family, which included his 3 year old daughter. How is grandma going to explain that daddy will never come back? How is she going to explain it when she gets older that daddy killed himself?

As I look back, the times we had a kids were such precious times. My favorite memories will always be getting together during holidays and birthdays and playing football and hide n seek in the dark. We were all so innocent back then. We had no worries, no responsibilities. As we got older, we drifted. We started our own lives and drifted apart. I hate that it happened but it did. We can't change that now, not with him anyway. But we can change it with the ones who are still. I hope that with all of this that the young people of the world start to realize how important family should be to them. I hope that they start searching for You.

I ask that you give traveling mercies to some of the family that is driving to Texas on Wednesday. I ask that you show yourself to them, at least one of them. I hope they see you and take the offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment