Friday, February 18, 2011

Matthew 1-2: The Birth of Jesus

Dear God,


Thank you for the birth of Jesus. Without him I would not have much purpose in life. I couldn't imagine living my adult life without you. Being an adult is hard and I say that with all seriousness, truth, and some humor. You give me a path to walk on where if I get lost, you'll bring me back on track.


Thank you for protection. Just as you protected Jesus from King Herod and his son, you protect me and my family from many things that come our way and we don't even know it. I pray that I will heed to ALL your directions for my life and not hesitate when you say, "Go."


I pray for those who don't have you in their lives, whether they know you or not. It would be extremely sad and a wasteful life to know you and what you can do and not let you guide them. What purpose in life would there be but to just live it and try to survive? They are not living up to their potentials. Imagine the things that could happen and come about if more people would just accept you and let you guide them. So many people rely on their own blind guidance. They may be happy for a little while, but it won't last in the things of the world.


This morning I of think of Brian and Suzanne. They have been such supportive in-laws. I love them very much. Suzanne's Aunt Nell has been sent back to the nursing home. However, it's not because she's better and will be fine. It's because she's slightly better but will get worst and because of her age there's not much the doctors and nurses can do. Brian's stepdad was in taken to the hospital Wednesday. He has congestive heart failure. These two people continue to trod on daily but I know that it won't be long until you take them to be with You. They have suffered much. Comfort the families.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment