Sunday, February 20, 2011

Change

Dear God,

Forgive me for I've missed a day of devotions. Thank you for safe travel down here to Batesburg. It's been enjoyable.

We skipped church this morning at Bethlehem. We're sitting here watching the First Baptist of Columbia on tv. He's been preaching about change. It makes me think about our church at Westgate FWB. Preacher Kevin is so excited about change and growth. I pray that the congregation as a whole becomes more excited and more supportive of his desires for change and growth.

My mother-in-law mentioned being a part of a small church. It made me think of Preacher Kevin when he said, "There's something wrong when you don't want to be a part of a big church." Why wouldn't you want your Bible-believing, Bible-preaching church to grow? I used to think, too big, too many people that I don't know. Who cares!?! I don't go to church to know every person who belongs to my church. I go to church to learn more about You and to grow spiritually and to provide support for the man of God. And, hopefully, along the way, I meet some members who I enjoy fellowshipping with, who encourage me and help me to grow. So you know what? Bring it on!

Change and growth are important. I don't want a stagnant church. I don't want a church that's comfortable without moving up. I want a church that marches on through your guidance. I want a church that outreaches and brings people to You. I want a church that is on fire for You. I want to do your will.That's my prayer this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment