Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A God I Don't Deserve (Matthew 6)

Dear God,

Thank you for providing me with what I need and what I want. I can't be disappointed about where I am in my life, the people around me and the things that I have. For a long time we (Nate and I) have struggled spiritually and financially. We lived with you in the back of our minds, not giving you our whole hearts. We lived with little money, barely scraping by and sometimes not at all. Through all that, you not only stuck by us, but provided for us.
In the past 3 years, I have learned so much. We both have learned how to lean on you and to trust that things won't always be or seem so bad. When times got rough and we thought we wouldn't ever get a break, you gave it to us. We would think, "How are we going to pay for this?" All of  sudden, we'd get an unexpected check or you'd settle the unemployment issue or you'd provide a small job that was just enough to pay for whatever it was at the time we needed the money for. I know that was you. Who else would love us so much to continually give us what we need even after we doubted you?
Today, we both have jobs that we love. Not only did you provide financially but you provided spiritually. You provided a godly church family. You provided me with godly leaders. I'm surrounded by faithful Christians at work- my supervisor, my boss, and several of my co-workers. You provided me with godly in-laws, especially the grandparents. I cherish the grandparents in-laws (lol, sounds funny) because I never knew my grandparents. All but one died before I was born. That one died 3 years ago. He lived on the other side of the world and I only met him once.
I don't deserve anything you give me. I didn't outright reject you, but I did by not living the way you wanted me to. It's been 3 years since I rededicated my life to you and I don't regret it one bit. You continue to bless me and my family and I am forever grateful. I try not to go a day without thinking about one small thing that you've blessed me. When things aren't going well, it makes me feel better to think back, think now, and think forward. It gives me gratitude, hope and excitement.


No comments:

Post a Comment