Friday, June 1, 2012

Life Lessons

I'll admit, I came to communicate my frustrations from this week. Well---I read it through twice and deleted it. Here I am, starting over. lol...Sometimes you need to write/type it all out and then delete it. It really helped.


I thank the Lord for guiding me thus far. I haven't always leaned on him like I should but he's always there when I do. I'm glad that he started teaching me early. I wasn't 4 or 5 when I got saved, but I'm grateful he chose me when he did. He chose me at a time when he knew I needed him the most. I haven't been the perfect child, but he never left me. Eventually, I came to my senses, spelled the roses, the light bulb came on, however you want to say it.


He led me to a great church and church family. Things change. People change. People make changes. That's life. Sometimes it's hard to embrace. Sometimes you know it's best. Other times you know it's not. Then there are those times you're just not sure. He's in control. In the end, the Lord leads my life and my family's life. We will make a change when he tells us to. We can't let the devil convince us otherwise. I'm sure the devil's mad right now.


I'm grateful the Lord is teaching me things while I'm still young. I don't want to be old and learning something I should've learned as a young person. He taught me early into adulthood how to love and forgive. I went through some tough trials to learn Godly love and forgiveness, but I made it through. He helped me through it even when I didn't realize that's what he was doing at the time. He taught me about friendship and loyalty. I learned how to let go of those who weren't true friends. Recently, he's taught me about standing firm for what I believe and learning to let go what hindered me from becoming closer to him. I know these two lessons are not done yet. I'm still young and I still have a lot to learn. I look forward to the lessons, maybe not the situations and trials, but it will be worth it all. I'm always a work in progress for Him. I will continue to make mistakes but I thank God he forgives and teaches me not to make the same mistakes over and over.


I'd like to repeat a FB post I made earlier this week:
Love one another. Encourage one another. Help one another. Pray for one another. 
Don't criticize or judge without knowing the fullness of the truth. Don't stab someone with mean words. 
Be kind. Be gentle. Be considerate. Be positive.


Have a great weekend!




4 comments:

  1. I didn't know you kept a blog too! I'm glad I found you. It was encouraging to read about God's grace in your life. He's so faithful to change us into his image! Thanks for sharing. As a side note: It might be my eyesight, but the red type on the black background is pretty difficult to read. Maybe I'm just prematurely losing the clarity of my vision ;) 25 and already falling apart Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blog a lot. I should do it more often. I'm glad you found it encouraging. I've read some of yours. I absolutely love seeing pix of aletheia. She's beautiful. Oh and yes I see what you mean about the font color. I just love hot pink. Lol. I'll try lightening it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel like you have to lighten it on my account . . . now that you mention that it's hot pink, I'm guessing that the problem is my computer screen because it definitely looks red from here! I guess the colors on my screen are off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops. I don't blog a lot. I'm sure you know I meant. I lightened the pink. The about me section wasn't as legible. It's still pink. lol. From my phone, it was hard to read.

    ReplyDelete