Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Farmer's Market

So, today we're getting ready to walk down the street and visit the Farmer's Market for the first time. I love living in a small town where we can walk to stores, restaurants, the park, and the Farmer's Market. However, our plans for our next home will be more out of the city limits away from so much traffic and noise. That's several years away at this point.

Anyways, so I never went to a Farmer's Market until I started the job I'm at now. Spartanburg holds one on Wednesdays from 11-1. Perfect- right around lunch time. The ladies and I like to walk over and sample some great bread (I can't buy this year b/c It's not part of my new food lifestyle). They also do bag lunches. The last time we went, we just took our own lunches, sat in the square and had lunch. It was nice. I fell in love with the Farmer's Market. We'll be going to the first one on June 6th. Join us if you're in the area.

Lyman opened up one this year and it started on on Wednesday. It runs from 3-7 pm. That's nice for those who work and want to stop by get ingredients for supper. We didn't go, so we're going this morning. It runs from 8am-12pm. Nate's not going. He's still in the bed. I'm not sure what time he got off early this morning. When he gets on 1st shift in a couple of months, all three of us will be able to do it.

Several of the ladies at work have started gardens at their home. I think next year I will do it, too. By that time, I hope to be working only part time and I will have more time to save money on food. I love fruits and veggies and a garden would be great.

Anybody got any tips? So now I'm really excited. Valerie and I will stroll down there in a few. I'll update as to what I get. Maybe even take a couple snapshots of what's there.

1 comment:

  1. You should ask Molly Nickerson because she goes to the one in Sburg on Saturday mornings I think. We enjoy the one here in Gville from time to time. Enjoy that fresh produce! Yum!

    ReplyDelete