Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Potty Training- Days 3 & 4 (1/16/12-1/17/12)

Day 3-There's not much to this day. Valerie spent the day with her daddy while mommy had to work. She sat on the potty and tried but nothing. She would even tell him she needed to use it.

Day 4- Valerie stayed home half the day with daddy and the other will her Papa. Therefore, she was in a pull-up all day with trips to the bathroom. Two unsuccessful incidents and many trips just sitting on the toilet. The thunderstorm didn't help the evening trips either. I can't tell if she's pee shy or just doesn't realize the feeling of needing to pee. It's probably the latter, but, just in case, I walked off to give her some privacy. She immediately jumped on the toilet and ran. The thunder scared her. This last trip got me upset. I had to recoup and tell myself, "She's trying and not peeing on the floor on purpose." We had just gone to sit on the toilet and the next second she's peeing on the living room floor. Gotta love 'em! I had to apologize to Valerie for getting upset at her and explained in a calm manner that she needs to pee pee on the potty and not on the floor. Pee pee on the floor makes it dirty.

Before I left the parking garage after work, I was already in a tizzy. Regretfully, I aimed my stress and frustration at my 2 year old. It didn't help when she was being whiny while we were in the grocery store. Then she needed help with this and that once we got home while I was trying to cook. In the end, she's just a child who's still learning some of her boundaries. I wouldn't trade her for the world. Potty training is just one small step in her life. It's the not a crisis. Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Tomorrow will be another day. I get to stay home with her this time. Long story short, I have no baby sitter. It was too late notice for my substitute babysitters. My babysitter (mother-in-law) for the day is caring for her very sick mother-in-law who's been in the hospital since yesterday. Hopefully, the docs will figure it out and Nana can get some help.

No comments:

Post a Comment