Saturday, January 21, 2012

It Really Does Take a Village

Valerie is officially potty trained. After Donna's advice, it took 2 days and 1 accident. I'm not saying the bubbles idea is for every child, but it sure worked for mine.

I've been thinking about the saying "It takes a village to raise a child." It really does take a village. However, that doesn't mean "leave your child with the village for raising." I know people like that. As a mother, I just can't imagine not actually parenting my own child. She spends a lot of time with grandparents, who are very helpful, but her daddy and I are the parents. Sometimes, the little journeys of this big journey of life can get frustrating, stressful and tiring but they can also be rewarding, joyful and exciting. I did have that one spout during potty training when I had a stressful day but in the end it was well worth the effort. Considering it only took us a total of 5 days, I can't complain. God has truly blessed us with such a wonderful child and great support from our fellow "villagers." Even potty training required the whole village. If it weren't for all the advice, it might have taken longer and been more frustrating. Sometimes Google won't do the trick. lol

"Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward" Psalms 127:3


No comments:

Post a Comment