Sunday, April 17, 2011

Rest for the Weary

Matthew 11:28-30 says, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light"

 The Lord makes it so easy for us to lean on him. If it weren't for Him, I would not be able to handle everything that is going on right now. I've worked so hard to keep from crashing down. I wish I could sometimes slow down life. It's moving about 1,000 mph and I'm at 100. I have gotten quite tired and weary. I know that all I gotta do is keep pushing on. In 2 and a half weeks I will be in Phoenix, AZ for the first time and I will walk and accept my Master's degree from Grand Canyon University. Nate and I are staying a several days to enjoy Phoenix. Valerie will stay with her grandparents. It will be my time to chill.

Last week, Nate's Papa JD was admitted into the hospital because he had trouble breathing. He has congestive heart failure and COPD. As of today, he's in a great nursing home. He's not doing well enough. Nate's Nana, JD's wife, has Alzheimer's. She refused to eat and slept all day. Aunt Gail finally had call the ambulance because Nana would not get up or eat. At first, the doctor said her kidney was failing her. Now, they said because she didn't eat and use the bathroom enough, she only has a urinary tract infection and dehydration. I've had to help with this situation.

On top of the issue above, work has been busy. I've been working with our IT guy to get our computer system working properly. It's been frustrating, especially when other people don't understand and they ask questions like "Why can't I have wireless? Why can't I get on the internet on my desktop? Why can't I remote in from home when I can do it from my phone?" I've tried to stay calm and explain as best I could. If I didn't know, then they got a plain, "I don't know." Most of the time, I just wanted to scream, "Get over yourself! I can't answer your questions. Leave me alone. It will be fixed when it gets fixed." But I know that's not the best way to deal with the situation.

Our Spring Jubilee at church started Wednesday night. I got to go Wednesday and Friday. They were great services and the Lord showed up. However, on Friday, I couldn't concentrate to the preacher because I had to tend to Valerie who wanted to get down a play. I wasn't going in the nursery to babysit my child and not hear the message. There was no one scheduled for the nursery (we've had no nursery director for 2 weeks now) so she had to sit in the sanctuary with me until the preacher's daughter to her to the nursery and stayed with her. I was about to get up and just go home. Thank God for Morgan. She's a sweetheart. Then Valerie got sick yesterday and threw up all over the floor today. I don't know if it's allergies or a cold. Dealing with a sick child can be so tiring. Seeing her go through it, breaks a mother's heart.

It's been rough this past month or so. The Lord has helped me through this storm. The storm's not over but he'll continue to be with me. I can never give up on Him because he'll always be by my side. He's given me the best gift a person could get, the blood of his son, Jesus Christ, to wash away my sins. I'm looking forward to the rest I will get in a couple of weeks, even if it's only for a short time. It will be enough to tackle the next thing(s) that comes along.

No comments:

Post a Comment